Monday, January 4, 2010

My First Blog

Hello everyone! I'm excited to start sharing the McLain family with everyone. I'm blessed to have a Christian home. We thank the Lord daily for his blessings. I have been married to a wonderful man Roger for the past 15 years. We have 3 amazing children Kristen 11, Jenna 8, and Joey 3. I'm a stay at home mom and we homeschool our girls who are in the 6th and 3rd grade. We live here in sunny California in the heart of the San Joaquin valley. We are surrounded by lots of orchards, vineyards, and row crops. We live on 20 acres of vines and we grow thompson seedless grapes which in the late summer we turn into raisins. We also own a couple of buisnesses that allow us to spend alot of time together.


I'm looking forward to this year! My mom who is a pre-school teacher will retire this year!! My Dad and her will be spending 2-3 days a week up here, so we will be building a guest cottage . They live about 1 hr. away. We are going to have a garden this year! I'm excited! Pop (Rogers grandpa) Has grown tomatoes and peppers but this year we plan to go big! My husband will also be building our chicken coop and I only have one request. It must be barn red w/ white trim. The girls also got a sewing machine for Christmas from Mema and have already started on PJ's. They look great!


I'm thrilled to start my homestead blog! I've been reading so many of yours and I must say what a wealth of information!


Blessings,


Sarah




2 comments:

  1. Good to have you! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet you! I look forward to learning more about your family. You grow raisins . . . that's so cool!!


    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete