Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update on Febreeze Type Recipe

Thank you Tammy for the great link. I thought that I would share two of the recipes that I found.


first recipe:


2 cups water (warm)


 1/4 cup fabric softner ( can break down fire retardent on fabric)


1 tbs. baking soda


shake well


second recipe:


1 cup vinegar


1 cup water


1/2 tsp vegetable glycerine


1/2 tsp essential oil of your choice


shake well


I will try the second recipe it seems safer and healthier for the home. I don't know what the cost difference will be. I'm sure the home made one will be less :) Let me know if any of you try one of these recipes.


( never reuse a bottle that has any kind of chemical in it.)


Blessings,


Sarah


2 comments:

  1. I can't remember exactly where, but somewhere on the internet I found the recipe that you just mix 1 part downy and 5 parts water. Put it in a clean spray bottle & spritz whenever needed. I've done this now for years & it works great. I also have used it when ironing & the clothes smell great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    I have a recipe I use for homemade "Frebreze," but I use a small amount of grain alcohol in it to make essential oils soluble in water without adding the scent of alcohol. If you are interested in the recipe, please email me.


    Blessings,

    CindyRou

    ReplyDelete