Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Garden Produce



Yesterday, we went out to water the garden and I had a lot of picking to do. We had egg plant, squash, zucchini, and a few tomatoes. The garden is really starting to produce we discovered a cantaloupe its about the size of my fist can't wait to eat that! My sister gave us two bags of green beans from their garden. Kristen cleaned and snapped them for me and we cooked them up with our meat loaf and mash potatoes for dinner mmm they were good! My mom had given us a small bag of blue berries and Aunt Karla and Uncle Press had brought us some nectarines when they visited last week, so I took what was left of the nectarines and the blue berries and made a cobbler for desert! Yum it was good! I cooked it in my 10 in cast iron pan! I love to make stuff in there it taste better ( I think that's in my head) and looks cute. When Roger came home and saw the cobbler he asked if the kids had gotten into it. Nope it was me I couldn't resit :) It was really good. The best part is we have left overs :)



I am Happy,

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about cast iron. I think it does taste better. We just picked some beets, Swiss chard, and raspberries.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my cast iron skillet. Biscuits, corn bread, fried potatoes bacon...it all tastes good in it :O) I would like to have more, but someone told me not to buy the new cast iron. They said to try and find the old at auctions and yard sales.

    Crispe

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I didn't get some :(

    ReplyDelete