Monday, August 9, 2010

Making Sauce

032

Last week my mom and dad came up to make spaghetti sauce! It was alot of fun. We started by going out and picking some yummy very ripe tomatoes out in the garden.

006

Then my dad sat down and read the directions for the pressure cooker while my mom and I started to wash and cut up all the veggies. What a big mess.

020

We got everything going in the pot and let it cook for about an hour. It smelled so good and looked so pretty.

026

Then it was time to load up the jars. We used quart jars. This was the moment that we were all worried about! We had never used a pressure cooker before. We let my Dad be the one in charge of it :). He did a great job.

037

The most stressful 90 min of my life! And then the fun part. It took Roger and my Dad both about 10 min to get it open :) They did and inside was yummy spaghetti sauce! With fresh produce from our very own garden! I still look at it with amazement! I hope its always that way.

048

I am Happy,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks so yummy !!!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks delicious! When are you making me spaghetti? :)

    ReplyDelete