Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday

This morning we woke up and the kids ate some cereal for breakfast. Then we got ready and headed into town with Roger. He needed to get some ply wood for the chicken coop he is building, so we went to the Home Depot. Jenna and I stayed in the car and played tic tac toe and hangman. Roger, Kristen and Joey went in. We then headed out to settle up with one of our drivers. We got home around 12:00 and I cooked up some lunch. We had left over chicken and some corn from last night.

Then Roger went back to work and the kids and I went to wrap Mema (MIL) legs. They swell up and have to be wrapped. We visited for a couple hours then headed home. The girls and I did some chores and then Jenna grated up a bar soap to make some laundry detergent. We made that up and then Roger got home from work. I was getting ready to start dinner when one of our drivers called to say he was going to dinner for his birthday. Roger found out he was going alone so we decide that we would go with him. Chinese!!!!. Sure beats hamburger helper. It was fun and know one should be alone on their birthday.

We got home around 9:00 and Kristen unloaded the dishwasher and Jenna got the shower going for the girls and Joey. Roger went and put the dog up and turned some water onto the trees. I loaded up the dishwasher with 7 quart jars and 15 pint jars. My mom is coming up in the morning to make some spaghetti sauce, ketchup, and some pizza sauce with the tomatoes from the garden. So I'm excited about that. I think it will be fun to have our own ketchup. Roger used to haul tomatoes with his uncle to a ketchup plant and he has shared some stories about what was probably in the ketchup we were eating, thanks hun:). I'm glad to know what will be in ours.

I am Happy,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made ketchup yet. I am still putting up diced tomatoes as we use that more than any other tomato products. If I have enough this year I may try it.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..do not share what exactly hubby saw at the ketchup plant:). I'd probably rather not know (lol).All that sauce sounds wonderful. How lucky your mother can help you with it. my son loves for me to play tic-tac-toe while hubby runs in somewhere. We keep a little notebook in the vehicles just for that. Sure makes the time go by fast while you are having to wait.Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete