Friday, September 17, 2010

Crafting With the Kids

035

We made this adorable sunflower swag for art today. It turned out so cute and the kids enjoyed making it. We took 8 1/2 x 11 in yellow paper and cut it in half, fold both pieces like a fan, then folded each fan in half. You want to take and glue it all together until it makes a flower. There are about four places to glue. Then trace out a circle in brown paper. We used a stamp of little swirls and brown ink to resemble the seeds and stamped the circle. Glue that on and then glue to a piece of yarn or twine. I added the little pieces of ribbon to brighten it up. So simple, but so cute.

025

Here is Kristen folding her flower. I think Its great for fall and will even pull it out for the 4th of July.

I am Happy,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. U have the cuties children! I would say that even if I wasn't there Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, mom you do have the cutest grandkids, but what do you expect they look like me. :) lol. Love you so much!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete