Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Day at Applehill

Photobucket

We spent Saturday up at Applehill in Placerville, Ca. This was our first year to visit several small and large apple farms. My mom, dad, sister, her family and our family spent the day driving around to all the different farms. It was so much fun except for the 94 degree weather. Some of the farms were large and some were small. They had crafts, hay rides, fishing, horse back ridding and all had yummy cider which was so fresh and yummy. I couldn't believe how great it tasted. Lots of baked goods, apple pies,doughnuts, turnovers, and one even had apple milkshakes. They had all kinds of candy apples and my dad treated us to some jelly. I picked rhubarb jam. Yum! We had lunch at Rainbow Farms where of course you got a apple with every meal. We and the kids got to pick some apples from the tree. We had a late spring here in Ca. so some of the apples like the Granny Smith were not in season yet. I did bring home some empire apples which I will either make apple sauce or apple butter with. Haven't decided yet. I also brought home some golden delicous to can to make pies with. We had a real fun time and really enjoyed ourselves.

Photobucket
Jenna picking apples
Photobucket
Kristen picking apples
Photobucket
I love this picture of Papa helping Joey to pick apples
Photobucket
How cute is this turbin squash? I will be looking for seed to plant this next year.
Photobucket
Papa treated the grandkids to horse back ridding
Photobucket
This was the highlight of Jenna's day.
Photobucket
Joey named his horse Chocolate
Photobucket
A nice shady hayride through the orchard.
Photobucket
The fishing pond. I love this picture of the kids running down the hill to the pond.
Photobucket
Daddy holding a very tired Joey.

I am Happy,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are great. We are still to go to the orchard sometimes next month. BTW Thanks for stopping by the other day.

    ReplyDelete