Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hot Pockets (Homemade)

018

OK a confession, sometime I miss the days when I could pull something out of the freeze, pop it the microwave, and Voila! 2 min. later lunch, but that is not the life of a homesteader. Now that I have chosen to live this life I can't cheat :), but I thought there must be away to have both right? Quick lunch and homemade from scratch. I searched the internet and found tons of recipes for Hot Pockets! I read a lot of them and found they were all pretty basic. Joey wanted to help so we got started. I made pizza dough in my bread maker that was easy. Then we got out our supplies pizza sauce that I canned from my garden, cheese, and peperoni. We got started and it could not of been easier. It was also a lot of fun.
004</a

I made litttle balls with my dough, rolled out the dough, and then Joey added sauce.

007
Cheese!
009
Pepperoni!

015
Fold and press with fork! Place on greased cookie sheet and bake @ 400 degrees for 10-15. You want to under cook so you can warm it up in the oven for another 10 min before serving.
027
Let Hot Pockets cool to room tempetrue and then place in a freezer bag. How easy is that even a 4 year old can do it :). The best of both world fresh made from scratch and convenient!
022
This mess being the only draw back :) Cooking with a 4 year old a joyful mess :)
025
What a big helper!

I am Happy,

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. TOOO cute! What a great helper!! Those look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about convenience. Sometimes that is just nice. I will need to try and make some. Thanks for sharing the idea.

    What a wonderful helper you have.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I can't wait until things settle down enough to try it. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I'll have to try it soon! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought you could do them at home! My husband loves Hot Pockets...I will try these!
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet helper! I really have to try making them again now that school is back in session. Plus they would be wonderful to send DH on the road with...

    ReplyDelete