Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Nice Day

033

Today was a really nice day. Our Dispatcher in the office always makes my husband a big pot of chili for his birthday. It is really yummy. He brought it home  and we had it for lunch along with some cornbread I made :). My mom was here and while I did a few things around the house she played go fish and old maid with the kids. They had a lot of fun with that. She also brought us two large grocery bags full of walnut. We sat out side and enjoy the nice sunny day cracking walnut with the kids. They had a blast hitting them with the hammers, but they skipped out on shelling them :). It was nice to watch them ride their bikes and visit with my mom. She also picked the last of the tomatoes to take home and make salsa for my dad. He loves salsa! After my mom headed home I made some chicken enchiladas for dinner. They are sitting in the oven keeping warm until Roger gets home. Then he is taking us all out to the movies for his birthday. We are going to see Mega Mind! He is a really great dad. I hope you all enjoy your night.

I will be sharing a recipe and gift idea for the walnuts on my 25 Days of a Homespun Christmas so keep a look out for it.

I am Happy,

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get the two bags of walnuts. I hope that your husband enjoyed his birthday.

    Have a great evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a day filled with blessings :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats a lot of walnuts. If you were to go here and buy those at our general store they would cost you about 5.00 for about 20. So your's would be like gold. I can't wait to see your 25 days. Your family is so much like mine. We went to see Megamind last weekend and it was cute. I hope your Hubby had a great birthday. My daughter sure did.Take care and enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walnuts are expensive here too..now peacans on the other hand are pretty cheap. But Boy do I love walnuts !I am looking forward to your Christmas post coming up! Hope you all have/had a great time at the movies. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! Sounds like a wonderful day, and I hope you enjoyed the movie. My DD and I saw it, and it was a HOOT!
    Blessings,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a fun day too. The salsa is made and ready to eat.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those walnuts remind me of Christmas. My mom always had a bowl sitting on the table with a nutcracker. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete