Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Wrap Up and Up Dates

We had a wonderful Christmas. The kids loved their gifts and had a great time opening them. Roger and I didn't get to bed until 2:00 am so when they came into our room at 7:00 am we were not thrilled. I put the Ham and Potato breakfast casserole in the oven ( We were unable to have it Christmas Eve morning at our house because we were at the hospital with Roger's mom)  We ate it wrapped in a tortilla with salsa and it was really good. Then we got ready and headed into see Kathy and visit with her for a while. We left around 1:00 and headed to my parents and opened more gifts, ate a lot of food, and had a nice day visiting. My mom and dad got me an apple peeler and a cute sewing basket (cheetah print) with a gift certificate to Joann's! I can't wait to spend that. Roger and the kids got me a dehydrator, food saver, canister, and a tripod and lid lifter for my dutch oven! I see some camping and out door cooking in our future :).

I wanted to share an update on Roger's mom Kathy. She had her 4th surgery on Monday and they think that they were able to get out all the infection this time. Her white blood cell counts have gone down and that's a good sign. If it looks like the infection is gone they will take her in again to close her wound and then she can be released from the hospital. Please keep her in your prayers and thank you for praying for her. Thank you Lord for being with her and us through this!

Our good friend Roy will be going home soon with an IV to give him antibiotics for a month. He will probably need about 2 months to heal. He should be fine and recover fully!!! Praise the Lord. Thank you for your prayers.

I have not been home much in the last few days and I can't believe how messy the house can get when know one is here :). Today is the first day I have had the energy to clean and it feel good to have a lot of it done. I hope tomorrow I can get the Christmas decor down and put away. We have had so much rain here in California it is amazing.  My dad said that we have over 200% above normal snow pack so far this winter and  that is wonderful news for us farmers. Our vineyard is full of water and this is the time of year that we prune our field so hopefully the rain lets up a little so our crew can get in and prune and tie the vines.


I do miss visiting all of your blogs and hope to have a chance to catch up here in a couple of days. I bet you all had a wonderful Christmas. I hope you are staying warm and rested and looking forward to the New Year. I know I am.I'm really excited for spring and planting a garden!

I am Happy,

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I am so glad that you updated us on your MIL and friend. I have been praying for them.

    It sounds like a good Christmas in spite of all the extra time at the hospital. What wonderful gifts you got. I know I enjoy my lid lifter for my dutch ovens. They sure come in handy and we do enjoy cooking outside.

    I best go and rescue my 13 year old. She is sewing herself a skirt. Have a great evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been very worried about ya'll. So glad you posted and all is well! I am so glad your familyis on the heal and wish them all speedy recovery and,of course,I will continue to keep them in my prayers!I soo want me a dehydrator!I hoep you enjoy it! What great gifts you got! Hope you have a wonderful New years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember: A MERRY HEART DOES GOOD LIKE A MEDICINE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry not anonymous from MOM!

    ReplyDelete