Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 10

Homespun Gift Wrap

Welcome to day 10 of my 25 Days of a Homespun Christmas. My Mom has no idea the effect that  making our own wrapping paper for Christmas as a kid had on me. You see I was a brat! A cute brat, but definitely a brat :). One year she decided it would be fun to make our own gift wrap, so she set it all up and my sister and I went out into the backyard and saw that we were going to have to paint our own gift wrap. What? Are we poor? Do we have to? How embarrassing! I told you I was a brat. Well it was fun and now it is a memories that I remember every year. Like my mom I thought how fun would it be for my kiddos to paint or wrapping paper this year ( They were excited, but like every other child can still be brats at times ;))  It is simple, fun, and will create memories for your family.

What you need:
Butcher paper (we used paper rolls for laying raisins on when they are drying in the field FREE!)
Craft paint
Glitter glue
Markers
What ever art supplies you have



I am Happy,

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. We have also done that. It is amazing how creative the kids will get. We are actually out of the roll end now and I should get some more at the local newspaper.

    Have a great evening with your family. I am really enjoying your ideas.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea! I never thought of doing that. I will have to remember that one. I'm sure it works for birthday gifts and etc..My mom use to make us wrap gifts using the comics out of the newspaper..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, Welcome to Homestead Revival! I LOVE your wrapping paper idea here! PERFECT for a fun ans simple Christmas. I must try this.

    ReplyDelete