Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 12



Welcome to day 12 of my 25 Days of a Homespun Christmas. I have a Christmas gift you can do in your sleep! Well, most of it anyways and when you wake up you can make some yummy biscuits and have breakfast all done too. It also makes your home smell wonderful.

Crock Pot Apple Butter

12 apples cored and sliced (you can leave peels on)
6 cups of sugar
2 t nutmeg
8 T cinnamon
6 T vanilla

Put apples in crock pot then pour in other ingredients. No need to stir. Cook on low all night. Puree apples and spoon into pint or 1/2 pint jars. Process in hot water bath for 20 min. 

It's that easy. They make wonderful gifts and you can make some nice homemade bread to go with it.

The only thing is your nose will be delighted all night and you may not be able to stay asleep.

I am Happy,



Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I do my apple butter that way. It is simple and it does make the house smell wonderful!

    Josie actually gave a jar of apple butter to her best friend for Christmas this year. Have a great evening.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister always makes her apple butter this way.......it is so nummy! Love how you have it packaged......anyone would be happy to receive that as a gift!!
    Hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute how you fixed your jars! I think homemade gifts We love apple butter here. yummy :)

    ReplyDelete