Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 20

“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel”
Matthew 1:23

Welcome to day 20 of my 25 Days of a Homespun Christmas. I thought I would share our holiday menu with you, I am having a Christmas Eve day breakfast at my home. We will be spending that time with Roger's mom and grandfather. We always spend Christmas Eve with them!

Menu:

Ham and Potato casserole
tortillas
biscuits
salsa
and homemade jams
milk and orange juice

I found the Ham and Potato recipe at cooks.com


On Christmas morning is when we open all our gifts as a family all nice and warm in our PJ's. I will be making pancakes and sausage for breakfast and then we will get ready and head up to my mom and dad's home. My sister and her family will be there along with my grandma Candy. My mom makes lots of little snack for us to snack on all day like spinach dip, artichoke dip, cheese ball, etc... My sister will bring lots of yummy sweet treats. We will open all our Christmas presents and just hang out and chit chat. We are not having a traditional holiday dinner nope it's ribeye for us!

Menu:

BBQ ribeye
twice bake potatoes
salad

a chocolate pumpkin pecan pie!

twice bake potatoes: bake potatoes at 425 degrees until done. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut potato in half and scoop out into bowl. Place skins on baking sheet. Add to potato in bowl a carton of sour cream, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, chives, salt and pepper and soften butter. Put mixture into potato skins top with cheese. YUM! Bake until warm and melted at 350 degrees.

It's OK to eat all this because we can make our traditional New Year resolution of eating better in just a few days. LOL!

I am Happy,

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Your menus sound wonderful. We usually have cinnamon rolls and eggs for Christmas breakfast. We are having ham for our Christmas dinner.

    Have a great weekend with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm...it ALL sounds delicious! We are having our breakfast with my parents tomorrow. I bet your kids are soo excited! I thought about you tonight while watching the news and was hoping all was well at your house.I feel so bad for the residents in your state with the mud slides..here at Christmas of all things. Will be keeping them all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well look at you Miss Blogger! I'm so happy I got your Christmas card today and you put your blog address on it! Can I just say...I miss you my friend Sarah! I really do! It's good to see this blog and all your crafty things and the kids (they're so big!). We really do need to get together for coffee or something! Have a Merry Christmas Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete