Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 9

Welcome to day 9 of my 25 Days of a Homespun Christmas! I am slowly be surely catching up. My family loves hot cocoa. The kids make it anytime day or night they love it. When I was little it was tradition that we always had hot cocoa when we decorated our Christmas tree. I do the same with my kids and they get the special treat of me making it stove top with a candy cane stir stick and yummy puffy marshmallows. YUM! I thought I would share a simple mix that I keep out on the counters during the cold months around here.

4 cups nonfat dry milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup non dairy creamer
1 grated dark chocolate candy bar

mix all together well and place in a ball jar on the counter. Scoop to taste and enjoy.

This also makes a wonderful gift with a tag and some ribbon.

I am Happy,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Yum..we love hot chocolate here too. Nothing is better on a cold day to warm you up :) The picture on Day 8 is really cute too ! I am so enjoying your countdown to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, your blog is beautiful and love your pictures of Christmas gifts and the countdown too, what fun. Yum on the hot rich cocoa, need to try that recipe.

    Put you on my follow list, ths for adding me to yours,I'll be back for more visits : )

    Merry Christmas to you and your love ones

    tc linda

    ReplyDelete