Thursday, January 6, 2011

Apple Butter Oatmeal Muffins

\


We had these for breakfast this morning warm out of the oven with a spread of butter. YUM! I'm not a big baker so this is a real treat for my family. The kids were very patient while the muffins had their photo shoot :).  We even shared some with the office and they loved them. I got the idea to use my apple butter to bake with from my blog friend Cheryl. I'm glad I gave it a try it is a great use of all the apple butter I have in my pantry.

Apple Butter Oatmeal Muffins:

1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda

mix and then add

1 cup apple butter
1/2 cup milk ( I used 2%)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tbsp veg oil
1 egg

mix until moist

Topping:

1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp melted butter

Fill greased muffin tin with muffin mixture, top each muffin with topping, bake at 400* for 15-20 min.

ENJOY!

I am Happy,

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. These look really good. I will have to try them, maybe for breakfast tomorrow. We have been having fun with ginger today. I will post some recipes later.

    Have a great evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks good and I know your house smelled yummy!


    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look SOO good! I will say..you do a great job of taking pictures of the things you make!They always look like something in a magazine. Have you tried out your new dehydrator yet? I will be trying these out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look YUMMY! I will be trying them! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cary Ann,

    I have not tried out my dehydrator it is still in the box :(. I have not had the time. my kids want me to make some yogart fruit leather a recipe in the book that came with it. I hope to get to play with it soon. Just been to busy. I will post about it when I do do it. Thanks for your compliment about the picture. I have found that I really enjoy taking pictures this past year.Have a great day.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl,

    I will look forward to your post about ginger.

    Have a great day.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I found you through Frog Level Homestead and was excited to see a few more HSB bloggers out here on blogger!

    Smiles,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I will have to try these.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete