Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

I am really excited to see what 2011 will bring our way. I hope our second garden is a bigger success this year. I hope to be able to do more canning and preserving of all that comes form the garden. We would also like to raise our own chickens not only for eggs but for meat this year. I would like to learn more about homesteading and make some soap and candles to. I would like to learn to make healthier meals for my family and learn more about home remedies. My biggest goal this year is food storage. Roger and I really think that it will be important to have a good year supply of food as soon as possible and have been working towards that. I am excited to do some camping and use my new dutch oven / tripod and maybe do some fishing!  I look forward to all the seasons and enjoying all that God has given to us and all the days we have to serve Him!  
I pray that you all have a very blessed year filled with Faith, Family, and Simplicity!

I am Happy,

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Thank you LORD for my family!!

    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the EXACT same things I want to work on as well (minus the chickens..have that already). Can't wait to see what you learn and the new things you will try.So nice to have someone to go through this journey with.I have got to ask a burning question that I've been dying to ask....do you cook with raisins ALL the time and hove lots around your house?LOL. I noticed during Christmas you had no recipes with raisins in them.My curious mind a working :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not big fans of raisins when the are baked. They plum up and have a different texture to them. We like them plain, in trail mix, covered in chocolate or yogart and I love them in my salad. My kids will eat oatmeal raisin cookies, but that about it. We grow for Sun Maid and can go to the grower store and buy our raisins at a discount. I go about 3 time a year and stock up. This year I think I will make some for us in my dehydrator. I like to get them at Sun Maid because they are cleaned very well before they pack them. I hope this answers your question and please always feel free to ask me anything! I don't mind at all.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were gonna answer that it was because you see them ALL the time and are very tired of them..LOL. My daddy grows acres and acres of black-eye peas that he sells to smaller markets (my whole life) and you just get use to them always "being there" so to speak. I bought Sun maid raisins this weekend and thought of you. I figured if they support you then I'll support them so then it comes back full circle to you growers again.Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cary Ann
    Thanks for your support! Big Smile!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete