Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rooster Pie


Rooster Pie

2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/2 cup frozen carrots
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 onion diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 10 3/4 oz. cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chicken broth
1 tube refrigerated biscuits

Combine chicken, carrots, peas, onion, salt and pepper and set aside. Combine soup, sour cream, broth and stir into chicken mixture. Spread in greased 13"x9" casserole dish. Top with biscuits. Cook at 350* for 30 min. Done when biscuits are golden brown.

recipe help from Goose Berry Patch One Pot Meals

This is Scramble our rooster (Silkie) going after Joey. I guess he did not like him jumping in the puddles. What to do? Well of course he got a big KICK, STOMP, YELL and he decided that he would not win against me and ran off. Well, Roger and I talked about it and felt that instead of a nice Rooster Pie we needed to teach Joey to KICK, STOMP, YELL at him. Scramble no longer bothers Joey, but he did chase Jenna home from the driveway :) I guess we will be teaching her to KICK, STOMP, YELL as well. Have a wonderful weekend with your family!

I am Happy,

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. We have had roosters that bother us as well. We ended up butchering some roosters this year. These ones were hatched on our place and we only need one rooster.

    Your recipe sounds goods. Have a great weekend with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    How is your MIL doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew this had to be a joke! Maybe Cheryl has a good idea?

    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mamaw told me a long time ago that kids and roosters never work out well together. So far at my house that has proven to be true! Needless to say i have a rooster in my freezer ;)My hubby told my kids the same thing (kick them) but sometimes those rascals will come at you when you have your back turned and they LOVE for you to run away squelling so they can chase after you (I know this one from experience). But your hubbys right..the kids will have to show him whose boss and get their bluff on them. Best of luck with it all (I found it helpful to tote a broom/stick around and bop him one when he came around (a BB gun works nicely too...LOL).

    ReplyDelete