Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday

\

Well today has been a nice day. It is so warm and sunny it must be in the 60's. It's nice to see and feel the sun. This morning we got up and after breakfast we took the girls to their friends house. It is about a 30 min drive from us and ended up being about a 45 min drive because the road we take was closed due to a large sink whole caused by the rain. We could see the mountains and they are covered with snow. We are about 1- 11/2 hour form Yosemite. We also saw lots of orange orchards with a lot of oranges on the trees and I started to crave them, so I think I will pick some up this week.

We got the girls dropped off and Roger, Joey and I headed over to the hospital to see Kathy and talk to the a person about her next step in recovery. She will have to go to a care facility because she will have a wound vac until her wound closes (She has very large open wound where they had to cut out her flesh that was infected by the bacteria). She is doing so much better and thank you all for your prayers. Because of some other health issues they are not sure where she will be going. It looks like it may be in the bay area about 3 hours from us. We are hoping that she can get in somewhere in the valley! Then we will be able to visit her more. She should only be there for about 7-10 days. She will also get some physical therapy so when she comes home she is able to get around.

After our visit with Kathy we took Joey to lunch at John's Incredible Pizza. This is similar to Chuck E Cheese, but it is a buffet with an awesome salad bar! We played a few games and Roger hit the JACKPOT on one of the games and gave us over 1000 tickets. Joey got to pick out some really fun stuff with his tickets and he got somethings for his sisters. He picked out a puzzle (he loves puzzle) that was holographic and when we got home we put it together. It was hard because the picture on the pieces changed, but we got it together and he wanted to watch Thomas. My chance to blog! We will be leaving soon to go and pick the girls up. I think we will have breaded chicken tenders, mash potatoes/ gravy, green beans and I will steam me some brussels sprouts (I LOVE THEM).

I hope you all have a wonderful night.

I am Happy,

Sarah 

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking and praying for your MIL. It is good to hear that she is coming along. Hopefully you can find a place in the valley for her.

    I have been to Yosemite twice, that I can remember. A friend from college lives in Fresno and we spent the weekend with her once. The second time was on our Honeymoon. That is beautiful country around there, especially with the snow.

    Have a great evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm...fresh oranges. My best friend use to send us fresh oranges from Florida and they were the juiciest things compared to that dryed up kind we get in our local grocery.Do you juice yours or just like to eat them regular? I will continue to pray for MIL. Bless her heart, I know she is ready to come home. I wish for her a speedy recovery. You're supper sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete