Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Fun

We took a drive up to Pine Flat Lake and had a picnic (one of the perks of living in Ca. nice weather). It is about 45min drive from our home. We had never been up here and Roger wanted to get familiar with the area because we have towed vehicles from here. There was a lot of people out fishing and boating. There even was some people in the camp ground mostly travel trailers, but there were some tents. The picnic areas were closed so we just sat on the ground and ate our lunch.


Isn't this a cute name for a store? They had gas for $3.47 (not one of the perks of living in Ca).

We had hot dogs, chips, fruit salad, oranges, chocolate chip cookies, apple juice and root beer. 
Someone needs to teach Joey how to eat a hot dog :).


We all took turns shooting Kristen's sling shot. That was fun Roger and Kristen were the only ones to make it into the lake from the top of the hill.

This is around sunset. Isn't it so pretty how the lake is pink? It was really pretty in person.


When we were driving around the lake there were lots of run offs and they were really pretty.

 Poor Joey got car sick so I was glad that I brought him a change of clothes. We had a nice day and I was glad to get away even for just a day.

I am Happy,

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day. It looks like all had a fun day. I love the pink around sunset on the lake.

    What a cute name for the store. Have a great day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery looks so inviting and soothing. Love the name of the store! Ha!

    Have a great day!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Fun! Where are the ants? (ha ha)

    Love you,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun place! Poor Joey. My 5 year old gets car sick sometimes too. I always keep some old towels in my trunk that I don't mind throwing away..just in case :0 Looks like you all had a wonderful day together! I love spending the day loafing somewhere for a picnic.Food always seems to be tastier outdoors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That is our kind of fun. And what a beautiful place. Now I want spring more than ever. I am ready for picnicing, hiking, and camping.

    Hope you are having a great week.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are beautiful. I can't wait for picnic weather here.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete