Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mommy is Blind

I have a cute story to share about what Joey said to me on the way home from Pre-K today. I should share a  little background first. I am suppose to wear glasses. I choose not to for vain reasons ( I know that is a silly reason). The kids and Roger always tease me about being blind and having to read things to me, so today at Pre-K Joey learned the bible story of how Jesus spit in the mud and healed a blind man.

Joey said very excitedly "Mom! I know how you don't have to be blind anymore". I said, "You do, how?" Joey said "All you need to do is rub some mud in your eyes, and then wash it out. Then you won't be blind anymore!" I think he is missing the part about Jesus..LOL. I'm so blessed to be a mom to this little boy.

John 9 1-12

A Man Born Blind Receives Sight
 1 Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
6 When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. 7 And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.
8 Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”
9 Some said, “This is he.” Others said, “He is like him.”
He said, “I am he.
10 Therefore they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?”
11 He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to the pool of Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed, and I received sight.”
12 Then they said to him, “Where is He?”
He said, “I do not know.”

I am Happy,

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. What a great story! Oh, to have a little boy again that age. My baby boy is 20. I can remember when my son was the age Joey was. He had questions about Salvation and realized his need for our Savior. We talked about it and made sure he knew what he was doing, etc. After he was done praying, he looked up at me with his big brown eyes and was so excited. He asked if he could go live in Heaven now with Jesus. I love the faith that these little ones have and how they soak up the word of God.

    Have a great evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that was too cute :)I have to wear glasses and contacs and am at times vain too.So you're nto the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I bet your son couldn't wait to see you so he could tell you that you didn't have to blind anymore :)

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids say the sweetest things. No wonder Christ said to come to Him as a little child. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of the mouths of babes. Good thing you blogged about it. Now you will never forget.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete